As part of the National Consumer Protection Framework, we will be updating our Responsible Wagering tools which will help empower our customers in making informed decisions about gambling.
If you have existing limits currently set for your TABtouch account, please read this article as you may experience some of these changes to your existing settings.
If you’d like to find out how to set your deposit limit, please refer to Setting Your Deposit Limit
- Changes to Deposit Limit frequencies
- Updating or removing your existing Deposit Limit
- Changes for Multiple Account Holders with existing bet and deposit limits set
- Changes for Dual Account Holders with existing bet and deposit limits set
1. Changes to Deposit Limit frequencies
Effective 10 June 2019
Starting 10 June 2019, there will be additional options and changes for your deposit limits.
- Existing weekly deposit limits will now run on a fixed cycle starting each Monday and ends Sunday.
- There will be additional deposit limit frequency options to choose from including:
|24 Hours starting 00.01 WST
|7 Days starting every Monday
|14 Days from every 2nd Monday
|Starts each calendar month
2. Updating or removing your Deposit Limit
There will be no change to the waiting period for changes to your existing deposit limit as set out in the examples below.
If you’d like to update your limit and frequency, a daily rate will be calculated to determine if your new limit is higher or lower than your existing.
|Applying New Limit
|Changing Limit and Frequency
3. Changes for Multiple Account Holders
Effective 28 May 2019
If you currently hold more than one TABtouch account:
– Both bet and deposit limits set on any one account will now be shared across all your accounts.
– If more than one of your accounts have bet or deposit limits set, the lowest limit of all will be selected.
Andrew is a multiple account holder who has 3 TABtouch accounts. Account 1 has a $200 weekly deposit limit, and Account 2 has a $100 weekly deposit limit. Account 3 has no limit set.
Starting from 28 May 2019, Accounts 1, 2 and 3 will now share a $100 weekly deposit limit.
Therefore if Andrew deposits $50 on Monday into Account 1, he will have $50 remaining to deposit into any one of his accounts for the rest of the week.
If he then deposits an additional $50 into Account 2 on Wednesday, he will no longer be able to deposit into any of his accounts for the rest of the calendar week as he has reached the $100 Deposit Limit for the week.
4. Changes for Dual Account Holders
Effective 28 May 2019
For dual account holders, both bet and deposit limits will be shared by both account holders with the lower limit applied between the two (if both have limits set).
Bianca and Claire have a shared TABtouch account. Bianca has previously set a $50 weekly Deposit Limit on her account and Claire has set a $100 weekly limit.
Starting from 28 May 2019, the shared TABtouch account will have a $50 weekly Deposit Limit set that is shared between both Bianca and Claire.
Therefore if Bianca deposited $30 on Tuesday and Claire tries to deposit $30 in the same calendar week, this will be rejected as the limit on the shared account is $50.
David and Evan have a shared TABtouch account. David has previously set a $50 Bet Limit and Evan has no limits set.
In this instance, David’s $50 Bet Limit will now be applicable to Evan as well who will no longer be able to place bets above the value of $50.
We’re here to help
If you have any questions around changes to your deposit limits, please contact our Customer Management Team on 1300 36 36 88, email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to us using the Chat Now link at the bottom left hand corner of your screen.