The TAB is required by government legislation (Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006) to verify the age and identity of all new accounts.
TAB accounts that are opened through our TABtouch website are automatically identified using an electronic verification service with Equifax. An email is sent to the account holder advising them of their new account and if it is partially or fully verified as part of our identification process. A Customer Management Centre team member will try to contact you by telephone to welcome you as a new customer and assist with the identification process (if required).
If we are unsuccessful in completing the identification process using conventional methods, the account holder will discuss other alternatives for completing their identification by our Customer Management Centre team. Please refer to the different ways below, depending on your location:
- Take the necessary ID documents into your local TAB AgencyTAB Agency (see below for accepted documents); or
- If you are applying from outside of Western Australia, complete and send our Acceptable Referee Form with copies of the identification sighted by the Acceptable Referee.
- Complete, print and attend a Australia Post Office outlet with relevant Identification and Australia Post Identity Verification Form.
- If you are applying from overseas please download, complete and send our Overseas Application Form with copies of the identification sighted by the Acceptable Referee.
It’s important to verify your identity
It’s important to verify your identity and return your signed declaration as quickly as possible to have your account fully activated. This means you will:
- Enable you to make withdrawals from your account;
- Enable you to make a bet through your account at your local TAB Agency (WA only);
- Avoid your account being suspended after 14 days from the opening date;
- Avoid your account being suspended if your account balance exceeds $1,000 at any time or deposits in excess of $2,000, including winnings, are made to the account within 14 days from the opening date.
Document Identification Process
Below is a list of documents that can be presented at your local TAB Agency to assist verifying your proof of age and identity (including confirmation of your current address).
Group 1 – Primary documents with photograph
Acceptable documents include: Passport (current or expired within the previous two years), Current Australian or New Zealand Driver’s Licence, Proof of Age Card, WA Photo Card, Working with Children Check and WA Learners Permit
Group 2 – Primary documents without photograph
Acceptable documents include: Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate, Certified Copy of Birth Extract, and current CentreLink Concession Card and Licence and to Perform High Risk Work (Worksafe WA Card)
Group 3 – Documents issued within previous 3 months
Acceptable documents include: Council Rates Notice, Electricity Account, Gas Account, Fixed Line Phone Account, Water Usage Account, Water Rates Notice, Australian Taxation Office notice of assessment.
Group 4 – Supplementary Documents
Acceptable documents include: Medicare Card, Health Insurance Membership Card (e.g. HBF, Medibank), Recreation Skippers Ticket. Maritime Security Industry Card, (MSIC), Mailed Bank Statement with Name and Address displayed, Aviation Security ID Card (ASIC), Dangerous Goods Licence,Australian Bank or Building Society issued EFTPOS Card. Note: Mastercard, Visa, Amex and Diners Club will not be accepted for identification.
To verify your identity, you can present the following combinations of the above ID documents:
- Any two Group 1 documents; or
- One Group 1 and one Group 2 document; or
- One Group 1 and one Group 3 document; or
- One Group 1 and two Group 4 documents; or
- Any two Group 2 documents
- One Group 2 plus one Group 3 document or two Group 4 documents; or
- Two Group 3 and two Group 4 documents.
International residing Customers
As part of the application process, All International customers are required to return an Overseas Application Form with copies of identification sighted by acceptable referee to fully verify your account.
Before sending through your application form please refer to the Information on Regional Limitations for Prohibited and Restricted Countries